Friday, April 21, 2006

Acting Workshop!!!! FUN!!!!

WOW!!This post might just be my second DECENT post after all!!! ahhahaha. Today... REALLY had fun wei! As all of you might know, today is the day which i organize the acting workshop for the Form3 Interactors who will be acting in our IU play. Well, we SURE had FUN!!! As promised, i gave the two scripts, National Service and Memoirs of Jonathan English, both of which I've acted in as the lead, for them to act out. I've split them up into 2 groups and gave them from each script, a challenging/funny scene for them to act out. And seriously, i felt guilty about giving group 2 the NS script, cause, in my opinion, its really a hard script to grasp. Hahaha, to my suprise, they did it very well!!! I was kinda disappoited in Group 1's performance as I felt they are not taking this workshop seriously, they never tried to sink into the emotion of the script, instead, they have TOO much fun with it. Its good to have fun with the script, as i told them, but having too much fun is whole other story. How was the 2 potentials you ask? Well, Julian really lived BEYOND my expectations. He REALLY did well in this workshop and I'm sure he'll get the lead role in the upcoming IU play. He's really IN within the character and eventhough he's playfull, his sense of commitment and dedication and how he takes this as a medium of fun and seriousness, impresses me. He's beyond my expectations and I may be looking at a potential succcesor to take over my position! WOW is all i can say about this guy, I'm looking foward towards working with him. As for Darren, overall, he's ok, but he kinda disappointed me in the acting department, I expect him to sink in the emotion as Julian did but he's..... VERY STATIC!!! No expressions at all! I've told him this and I hope that he can improve on this skill of his. But overall, OK!! This whole workshop has been a GREAT fun! Everyone really had fun and from this workshop, i knew what to expect from this bunch of excellent people to whom I will be working with. I've snapped some photos and I will post it as soon as it becomes available. Why? you ask, its because Kevin has my camera! He accidentaly brought it home;)
Besides the workshop today..... today's MathsT1 class was...should I say....enjoyable?!!?? ahhahahhaa. For the 1st time....I ANSWERED HER QUESTION CORRECTLY!!! HHAHAHHA! And, i've finally picked up the courage to tell her that I want to drop Literature in English for my STPM.... suprisingly......she did not scream at my face as i predicted she would.... instead, she sorta understands why I've come to the decision....hm.. i'm starting to have second thoughts about her already......hahahahha.
Anyway, besides these two... theres nothing left of today to talk about....so, until next time, this is your cap'n, signin off!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home